High-Frequency - Time-domain
The Full Wave Solver takes into account all terms of Maxwell's equations. Due to this the wavelength can be smaller than the analyzed part dimensions and even very high frequencies are allowed. In the time domain results are the electric and magnetic field for every time step.
- Plot: Magnetic Fluxdensity, Magnetic Fieldstrength, Electric Fieldstrength, Current Density, Eddy Current Losses Density, Vectorpotential, Nodal Force - virtual, Nodal Moment - virtual, Forcedensity - virtual, Lorentz Force, Poynting Vector.
- Table: Total Force - virtual, Total Moment - virtual, Total Lorentz Force, Electrode Voltage, Electrode Current, Voltage on Circuits, Current on Circuits, Power on Circuits, Eddy Current Losses.
- 4D Fields: Force - virtual NodeID Table, Forcedensity - virtual XYZ Table, Lorentz Force NodeID Table.
- Coupled Thermal: Temperature.
- Coupled Structural: Structural Deformation.
|Wind Turbine Tower Lightning Strikes|
Theory and Basics
The basis equations:
(1) rot h = j + δt d
(2) rot e = -δt b
(3) div b = 0
(4) b = µ h
(5) d = ε e
(6) j = σ e
The following a-v-formulation is used for 3D
Magnetic vectorpotential a,
electric scalar potential v:
(7) b = rot a
(8) e = -δt a – grad v
Magnetodynamic weak a-v-formulation with full wave extension:
(9) (µ-1 rot a, rot a’ )Ω
+ (σ δt a, a’ ) Ωc
+ (σ grad v, a’ ) Ωc
+ (σ δt a, grad v’ ) Ωc
+ (σ grad v, v’ ) Ωc
+ (ε δ2t a, a’ ) Ω
+ (ε δt grad v, a’ ) Ω
+ (ε δ2t a, grad v’ ) Ω
+ (ε δt grad v, grad v’ ) Ω
+Silver-Müller radiaton condition at infinity (outgoing waves)
The equation can be solved in the time or frequency domain.