The Coupled Elasticity solution computes mechanical displacements and stresses due to forces from electromagnetic solutions or due to applied mechanical loads.
- 3D coupling with several other solution types
- Transient or steady state.
- Bidirectional option. Magnetic forces affect geometry, changed geometry affects magnetic field.
- Electromagnetic Forces
- Thermal Expansion
- Structural Damping
- Initial Conditions: Zero Displacement or Steady State.
- Outputs Plot
- Displacement, Stress, Strain, Reaction Force.
- Outputs Table
- Max Displacement, Max Mises Stress, Total Reaction Force, Total Reaction Moment (local CSYS)
|Deforming Conductor||Electric Switch|
Theory and Basics
The basis equations: Elasticity formulation