Science to Industry
A unique programing language for FEM allows the advanced user to control and develop his own physical formulations, solution processes and postprocessing formulas. New results from science can be integrated in user defined physical formulations.
The solver architecture uses an extended version of the well known numerical library GetDP (General Environment for the Treatment of Discrete Problems). This software contains code developed by Christophe Geuzaine and Patrick Dular, University of Liege.
Some recent scientific articles showing directions of future developments follow:
- N. Marsic, H. De Gersem, G. Demésy, A. Nicolet, C. Geuzaine. Modal analysis of the ultrahigh finesse Haroche QED cavity. New Journal of Physics, 2018.
- I. Niyonzima, R. Sabariego, P. Dular, K. Jacques, C. Geuzaine. Multiscale finite element modeling of nonlinear magnetoquasistatic problems using magnetic induction conforming formulations. SIAM Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, 16(1), pp. 300-326, 2018.
- A. Vion, C. Geuzaine. Improved sweeping preconditioners for domain decomposition algorithms applied to time-harmonic Helmholtz and Maxwell problems. To appear ESAIM: Proceedings and Surveys, 2018.
- E. Kuci, F. Henrotte, P. Duysinx, C. Geuzaine. Design sensitivity analysis for shape optimization based on the Lie derivative. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering 317, 702-722, 2017.
- A. Modave, J. Lambrechts, C. Geuzaine. Perfectly matched layers for convex truncated domains with discontinuous Galerkin time domain simulations. Computers & Mathematics with Applications 73 (4), 684-700, 2017.
- M. Spirlet, C. Geuzaine, V. Beauvois. Experimental Correction of Radiation Patterns Between Electromagnetic Environments. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation 65(3), 1330-1338, 2017.
- J. Chovan, C. Geuzaine, M. Slodicka. A-ϕ formulation of a mathematical model for the induction hardening process with a nonlinear law for the magnetic field. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering 321, 294-315, 2017.
- I. Niyonzima, C. Geuzaine, S. Schöps. Waveform relaxation for the computational homogenization of multiscale magnetoquasistatic problems. Journal of Computational Physics 327, 416-433, 2016.
- B. Thierry, A.Vion, S. Tournier, M. El Bouajaji, D. Colignon, N. Marsic, X. Antoine, C. Geuzaine. GetDDM: an Open Framework for Testing Optimized Schwarz Methods for Time-Harmonic Wave Problems. Computer Physics Communications 203, 309-330, 2016.
- V. Nivoliers, B. Levy, C. Geuzaine. Anisotropic and feature sensitive triangular remeshing using normal lifting. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 289, 225-240, 2015.
- C. Geuzaine, A. Johnen, J. Lambrechts, J. -F. Remacle, T. Toulorge. The Generation of Valid Curvilinear Meshes. Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics and Multidisciplinary Design Volume 128, 15-39, 2015.
- M. El Bouajaji, B. Thierry, X. Antoine, C. Geuzaine. A quasi-optimal domain decomposition algorithm for the time-harmonic Maxwell's equations. Journal of Computational Physics 294, 38-57, 2015.
- N. Marsic, C. Geuzaine. Efficient finite element assembly of high order Whitney forms. IET Science, Measurement & Technology 9 (2), 204-210, 2015.