Simulation of Electric Conductors and Switches.
MAGNETICS, integrated in NX / Simcenter, well known as NX Magnetics, is a comprehensive FEM software package to simulate and optimize electromagnetic devices. It is perfectly integrated in the Siemens NX / Simcenter™ software system and used by industry and science. Development, support and distribution is achieved by Dr. Binde Ingenieure GmbH, solution partner of Siemens Industry Software GmbH.
Industrial Software, deep Integration
MAGNETICS for NX/Simcenter allows the designer and analyst to use Siemens' Simcenter Pre/Post environment, the same software he maybe already uses for structural-, flow-, thermal-, or motion analysis as well as for CAD/CAM/PDM. Therefore many advantages result.
Material libraries, meshing techniques, CAD geometry preparation, selection techniques, assembly methods, all this is perfectly familiar to users of the NX/Simcenter system. But even for newcomers of NX/Simcenter these things are not hard to learn.
Also this allows easily coupling the solvers and using output from one as input for another one.
Of course similar to all other NX/Simcenter data the MAGNETICS data can be stored in the Teamcenter database.
Some articles showing industrial usage of this program follow:
- Electromagnetic Flowmeter Modeling. Presentation of Julien Imbs, Siemens AG and Peter Binde, Dr. Binde Ingenieure, at CAE Autumn Conference of PLM Benutzergruppe 2018 in Dresden.
- Electro-Mechanical FEM Simulations with ‘General Motion’ . Presentation of Fritz Kretzschmar, Dr. Binde Ingenieure GmbH, at ESCO 2018 in Pilsen.
- Simulation und Optimierung eines Metabo Winkelschleifer-Motors mit NX Magnetics und NX Thermal Flow. Presentation of Julian Witkowski, Metabo GmbH, at CAE Autumn Conference of PLM Connection 2017 in Berlin.
- CAD-integrierte 3D elektromagnetische Feld-Simulation zur Optimierung von Nockenwellenverstellern. Joint lecture of Daimler AG and Dr. Binde Ingenieure GmbH at Simcenter Vehicle Symposium on October 17th-18th 2017 in Ludwigsburg.
- Portfoliopflege für die Magnetfeldsimulation für gasisolierte Schaltanlagen. Presentation of Damian Baron, Siemens AG at CAE Autumn Conference of PLM Benutzergruppe 2015 in Frankfurt.
The following article demonstrates the usage of NX Magnetics with HEEDS. The presentation highlights how modern simulation process automation and design space exploration can be used in a managed environment to consistently deliver high performance, low-cost designs.